Digital Marketing Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / Wingate University (FALL SEMESTER)
- We are hiring immediately for a Digital Marketing Intern position.
- Location: 204 East Wilson Street Wingate, NC Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule:To be determined based on class schedule and business needs. More details upon interview.
- Starting pay: $11 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1054863.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
In this role, you will work directly with Chartwells Dining Services to support and promote Mobile Ordering adoption and usage. This will involve learning the product, understanding the needs of Dining Services and students, planning and implementing promotions, marketing mobile ordering to fellow students through social media and traditional channels. You will work with the Dining Services’ Marketing contact on-campus to advertise your promotions through the school’s marketing channels.
As an advocate for Mobile Ordering, you will research opportunities to promote mobile ordering at events and through other on campus venues. You will also be expected to create content (social posts, videos, etc.) about Mobile Ordering – illustrating the benefits, demonstrating how to use it, encourage downloads/usage, etc. - which can be shared thru on-campus channels and with our Mobile Ordering providers for use in their own marketing channels. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in the field of marketing and promotions.
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Good interpersonal skills
- General interest and knowledge of marketing, with prior experience a plus
- Familiarity with our mobile ordering product
- Knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
- Well, connected on campus, you know where to go to make things happen
- After being trained on the mobile ordering portal, become the go-to person on campus for managing the basics of the mobile ordering service
- Work with Dining Services’ marketing team on campus to encourage downloads of the app and trial/usage of mobile ordering.
- Create, publish, and manage inbox messages and push notifications (three basic campaigns will be provided)
- Add items to the mobile ordering menu as directed by Dining Services manager
- Design and implement additional promotions within the standard mobile ordering module
- Create a social media and promotional calendar
- Plan, organize and host mobile ordering events
- Create marketing materials to support mobile ordering promotions
- Acts as a Transact Mobile and Starbucks Connect Mobile brand champion
- Survey students to gain marketing insights around mobile ordering
- Attend required meetings (admin, prof. development, networking, etc.)
- Create 1-2 short videos showing the simplicity and benefits of using mobile ordering, which can be used to promote the service.
- Use hashtags as appropriate.
- #SkipTheLine; #MobileOrderingMondays, create some additional ones!
- Work with school contacts to post videos and relevant content on the schools’ social media.
- Provide videos to Transact Mobile or Starbucks Connect Mobile who may reshares/reposts/use the video as content
- Use hashtags as appropriate.
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment with moderate supervision
- Learn how to create and implement a marketing plan
- Learn how to leverage different communication platforms to effectively promote a product/brand
- Learn how to conduct market research and use it to improve communications and reach a larger audience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).