DIRECTOR OF RETAIL- CANTEEN- CHARLOTTE, NC( HYBRID)
Position Title: DIRECTOR OF RETAIL- CANTEEN- CHARLOTTE, NC( HYBRID)
Growth. Opportunity. Excellence.
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come grow with us. We are Canteen.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in PeopleHub to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in PeopleHub by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Compass Group PLC is the largest multinational contract foodservice company headquartered in Chertsey, Surrey with US headquarters in Charlotte, NC. Compass Group has operations in about 50 countries and employs over 550,000 people. Compass Group North America is seeking a Merchandising Director to be accountable for the merchandising strategy and execution for markets, vending and coffee (ecommerce). This role will specifically support the achievement of sector business goals by overseeing the assortment, promotions and segmentation strategy for micro markets with the goal of maximizing sales and improving the customer experience. Key responsibilities include development a merchandising strategy key lines of business leveraging data and insights, serve as the go-to resource for field leadership on merchandising and improving revenues in markets, overseeing the development of planogram strategy, and creating a new product rotation program. This is a hybrid role reporting into the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and working from home Monday, Friday. The ideal candidate will live in Charlotte, NC.
* Define segmented merchandising strategy for vending, markets, dining and coffee.
* Manage merchandise designs, presentations and product display strategy
* Leverage data to define planogram models for consumer segments
* Utilize applied knowledge of Merchandising to develop and execute improvements in the customer shopping experience to increase revenue and conversion
* Partners with marketing and operators to execute visual merchandising strategies by leveraging analytics to drive increases in engagement and conversion
* Partner with internal teams to create snack rotation program
* Coordinate with CPG’s on promotions strategy, merchandising tests and consumer insights
* Understand market trends and buying pyschology
* Provide national client merchandising support
* Serve as the liaison between corporate and field teams supporting operational growth, sales and rebid presentations.
* Collaborate with support functions and corporate departments to improve process, materials, procurement and methodology. .Ensure that the Regional/Corporate goals are achieved within an established budget.
* Monitor and analyze market trends.
* Study competitors’ products and services.
* Explore ways of improving existing products and services to increase profitability.
* Identify target markets and develop strategies to communicate with them.
* Drive guest and client satisfaction.
* Professionally represent Canteen at sales presentations and leadership meetings
* Display proper reasoning and judgment in analysis of issues, and demonstrate ability to independently select a course of action.
* Ability to navigate from tactical to strategic initiatives with ease and flexibility.
Apply to Canteen today!
Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Canteen maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates a Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1261619