ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (FULL TIME)
*** $500 SIGN-ON BONUS! More details upon interview. ***
- We are hiring immediately for a full time ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE position.
- Location: TAMU Commerce - 2600 S Neal Street, Commerce, TX 75428. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous electrical experience and apprentice card preferred.
- Perks: $500 SIGN ON BONUS!
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Perks: SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: The Electrician Apprentice Technician performs a variety of Electrician maintenance duties for the Maintenance Department, and is assigned to work for an Electrician Senior Technician on a regular basis. The Electrician Apprentice associate is in an apprentice program guided by his project manager, mentor, supervisor and apprentice training committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS utilizing a mobile device.
- Follows the basic methods of protection when wiring electrical installations.
- Selects the type of electrical equipment to use in a hazardous location.
- Identifies a list of the safety practices required in an electrical work area.
- Demonstrates knowledge about the importance of a clear working space around electrical equipment.
- Passes math module tests.
- Lays out templates for checking angles
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains OJT logs, performs rounds, and completes maintenance work orders, tests, and inspections.
- Maintains facility and campus grounds, shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience as a Maintenance Utility Worker or Technician in a similar sized institution or in a grounds maintenance occupation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Is registered in an Electrician Apprentice Program with USDOL.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.