FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL TIME)
Morrison Living is hiring immediately for a full time FOOD UNIT LEAD position.
- Location: Good Samaritan Society- 1500 West 38th Street. Sioux Falls, SD 57106.
- Schedule: Full time schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview. Various Shifts Available, Extra pay (up to $6.00) paid out for weekends
- Requirement: 1-2 Kitchen Supervisory Experience Required.
- Perks: $2500 Sign on Bonus, No Late Nights and Great Fulltime Benefits
- Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU A fun work environment, robust benefits package, great team members, and a career with one of the top hospitality companies in the nation. You'll work with a talented and supportive team that makes a real impact in the lives of those we serve.
YOU'D MAKE A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR TEAM Our culinary team is the core of our business. If you enjoy creating memorable experiences and are passionate about hospitality and culinary excellence, you will be a great addition to the Morrison Living team!
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BENEFITS FOR OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- Full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1271499