MGR, GENERAL I - Homer Glen, IL
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals.
Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Working as a General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the account in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will be expected to maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client, as well as other departments within the operation. You will be responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will also foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Participates in employee meetings, reviews and training programs
- Manages in compliance with Company established policies and procedures
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with staff, client and guest and other departments
- Manages financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
- Analyzes and creates trends for financial data
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Plans menus in consultation with chefs
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Eight to ten years upscale food service experience, including six years’ experience at the management level
- Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
- Proven track record to achieve company goals in compliance with company/client policies and procedures
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Experience in food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
- Ability to create budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong catering experience required
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Morrison Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.