Senior Catering Sales Manager - Hawaii International Convention Center
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
The Senior Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the overall event sales lifecycle of catering events at the location to meet and exceed established annual sales revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and driven sales professional - able to collaborate with a range of stakeholders to plan and deliver outstanding guest experiences.
* Builds and maintains relationships with location partner teams to jointly secure and maximize catering opportunities
* Ensure smooth transition and communication with location partner teams to execute positive client experience
* Partnering with location leadership to identify opportunities to grow revenue via sales trends, strategic menu development, and creative, new opportunities to expand catering revenue opportunities
* Work closely with the building partner to identify win-win opportunities and areas for collaboration
* Contributes to and manages the development of strategic sales initiatives
* Completion of annual group sales review to identify strengths and opportunities for the future
* Completion of annual competitor analysis within the market and working with location partner to optimize menu offerings, as needed
* Completion of annual lost business analysis to investigate areas of opportunities resulting in increased secured business
* Ability to analyze sales trends, client’s needs, and wants to enhance the overall event experience
* Proactively engaging in networking and other lead generation activities
* Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the location partner
* Promptly respond to all client correspondence, phone, and email, including initial inquiry correspondence, proposal development for qualified leads, and all follow up as necessary to secure business
* Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs
* Working closely with the culinary and operations team to develop menus and staffing bids to "WOW" clients and guests while simultaneously maintaining operational feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and event appropriateness for venue facilities
* Creating Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and catering agreements in appropriate system and submitting for client signature in accordance with venue deadlines
* Works with venue or client to create floorplans and submit to local authorities, when necessary
* Manage client relationships to set expectations and drive positive event experience
* Handling client billing to ensure accurate and timely payment of deposits and final payments
* Solicits event feedback and compiles opportunities for improvement and event experience
* Attending management meetings and partnering with all management stakeholders to ensure the timely fulfillment of group sales contracts
* Manages event communication to appropriate stakeholders including, but not limited to, event files for use by operations, schedule of events, and final BEOs
* Facilitating weekly BEO meetings with operations and culinary to ensure everyone is aligned on event expectations
* Collects end of night feedback from the operations team to include in event recap documentation
* Maintaining CRM system of current and future potential clients
* Completing maintenance and clean-up of processes in the infor/Reserve system
* Inspecting event setups to ensure they match the banquet event order
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
* 2+ years in a catering sales role
* Experience working on major events is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Levy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1272575