Sterile Processing Operations Manager - Split Shift - Elmhurst, NY
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Other Forms of Compensation:
Pay Grade: 10
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Working as an Operations Manager - Sterile Processing, you will be responsible for directing and leading all aspects of the operational needs of the sterile processing department. You will coordinate the tasks of the department associates, as well as assist in staff training and development. You will serve as a liaison between administration and hospital departments and deliver the highest possible level of service.
- Prioritizes, directs, and coordinates all sterile processing functions and activities
- Interprets policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as is appropriate to personnel/nursing and medical staff
- Performs duties of Central Supply technician as needed. Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work performance, and makes recommendations for personnel action
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, Quality Assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Coordinates Central Supply/Services with operating room functions and nursing unit/area functions and other user departments in order to provide services promptly and efficiently
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, and supplies as the need arises; handles and stores these items appropriately
- Maintains the cleanliness of work areas as required
- Supervises the requisitioning, sorting, labeling, and issuance of professional equipment
- Coordinates sterilization, assembly, and storage of medical supplies and equipment
- Ensures staff compliance with sterilization techniques, policies, and procedures
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates the performance of staff
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns, and monitors work of the staff to optimize operational service
- Ensures sterilization activities are accurately detailed and participates in the maintenance of department records
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Central Sterile operations unit or similar work required
- CRCST applicable sterile processing certification required
- Good work ethic, drive, and initiative for quality and customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations with all levels in the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership; experience managing and training hourly staff
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software such as MS Office
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Crothall maintains a drug-free workplace.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1272434
JANELLE C. ALLEN