Unit Director, Business Services
Pay Grade: 15
Other Forms of Compensation:
ESFM is the corporate Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) division of Compass Group USA and a Keystone member of the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
Rooted in hospitality, ESFM elevates the workplace experience as the single source of innovative FM solutions that ensure a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment. ESFM’s clients include many household names from Life Science, Technology, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing markets.
ESFM self-performs 80% of all IFM solutions provided to clients. Their portfolio of service categories includes Environment, Health & Safety, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Sustainability, Janitorial & Industrial Cleaning, Laboratory Support and Workplace solutions. This self-performance model creates a consistent hospitality experience for clients, resulting in higher engagement and productivity from their employees.
In 2020, ESFM (formerly Eurest Services) won the George Graves Award for Facility Management Achievement from the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA).
* Responsible to report financial data and statistics in an accurate and timely manner in the Compass MyFinance system.
* Controls budget and expenses within area of responsibility.
* Develops and creates departmental operating budgets within set parameters.
* Operates department within or under set predetermined budgets.
* Evaluates and justifies supplies orders, equipment and purchases as needed.
* Maintains records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
* Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations.
* Demonstrates good communication skills with clients.
* Encourages and nurtures associate creativity and innovation within the ESFM program.
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
* Demonstrates and promotes ESFM culture, values and management philosophy.
* Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performances plans.
* Reads and develops in the Total Quality Management process.
* Develops and maintains job descriptions for department staff.
* Responsible for ensuring weekly Payroll is inputted in the Compass software system
* Responsible for ensuring the quality inspections are completed
* Responsible for ensuring Monthly Service Reports and quarterly board reviews are completed
* Responsible for reviewing and approving all invoices
* Handles and resolves any operational problems or issues regarding Business Support Services
* Communicates and ensure all employees are aware of any/all site objectives and plans
* Acts as liaison for customer needs
* Attend Monthly Safety meetings conducted by HSSE
* Responsible for specific monthly Safety Reports
* Maintains all Safety requirements for Staff members provided by HSSE
* Manage the quality process as it relates to Business Support Services and set targets for quality improvement.
* Measure customer satisfaction and implement action plans for areas below standard
* Continuously review Business Support Services procedures and implement improvements when applicable.
* Create an environment of innovations and continuous improvement targeted toward improved service levels and increased efficiency within Business Support Services.
* Conduct weekly One-on-One Sessions with Line Managers and provide corrective feedback as needed
* Communicate site objectives and plans clearly to all staff members
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Solid understanding of facilities management to include: janitorial, landscaping, pest control, waste management, service delivery while managing demanding clientele
* Minimum of 5 years industry experience (Facilities Management)
* Strong management and organizational skills
* Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
* Client Relations and Customer Service Oriented
Apply to ESFM Services today!
ESFM is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Eurest services maintains a drug-free workplace.