WELLNESS COORDINATOR- PHILADELPHIA, PA
Position Title: WELLNESS COORDINATOR- PHILADELPHIA, PA for UPenn
Schedule: Monday-Friday Days with Occasional Evenings and Weekends
*Must be a Registered Dietitian with CDR- New Grads Welcome to Apply!
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
Supports all Bon Appétit responsibilities as an Onsite Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) encompassing nutrition and wellness support for assigned account(s). This role is responsible for supporting the implementation of corporate nutrition programs, supporting quality assurance in areas of nutrition labeling, food allergies and special diets, supporting campus specific nutrition needs, and participating in account retention and sales efforts.
- Understand and actively execute Bon Appétit food philosophy and wellness programs including Bon Appétit wellness commitments and opt-in wellness offerings.
- Support account in meeting nutrition related regulatory requirements including federal menu labeling laws, local and state requirements for grab n’ go foods, and others as applicable.
- Learn and maintain proficiency in using company nutrient analysis software tools.
- Actively participate as member of the account management team.
- In coordination with onsite senior wellness coordinator, corporate wellness, and senior leaders, plan and execute customized programming to address specific client needs when necessary.
- Serve as a member of the wellness team and a nutrition resource for the account including establishing and growing relationships with internal teams, guest groups, and clients.
- Work to achieve and maintain brand standards in all wellness projects.
- Play an active role in educating account operational teams on Bon Appétit wellness standards as well as protocols related to risk management of food allergies and special diets.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of nutrition topics related to food service, culinary and nutrition trends, wellness technology, college student health and wellness. Communicate to team regarding industry’s nutritional trends.
- Menus - works with café managers and supervisors to ensure that foods are identified properly according to Bon Appetit protocols.
- Participate in investigation and/or planning corrective action when applicable. (e.g. a reported food allergen exposure).
- Works with staff to implement a robust Food for Your Well-Being program.
- Works with the Executive Chef to ensure that all meals are nutritionally balanced, varied and appealing to the senses and meet Bon Appétit’s well-being commitments.
- Registered Dietitian and Executive Chef will devise a special events calendar for each calendar year. They will implement the special events calendar with input from the building managers and supervisors.
- Provides nutrition-related workshops for groups, upon request.
- Maintains accurate labeling for nutrition facts, ingredients, and/or allergens - Registered Dietitian will be involved in supporting all critical steps including recipe testing/entry/approvals, accurate entry into café manager and overall integrity of the program. Conducts designated menus reviews in specified timeframes.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Registered Dietitian as certified by CDR
- Minimum of 1 Year of general dietitian work in similar setting (school, university, corporate, etc.) preferred
- Ability to interact with diverse and high-volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner
- Ability to organize, track and manage complex processes.
- Strong presentation skills; computer skills, management and leadership skills, problem solving.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong networking and ability to interact with a wide variety of professionals.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Bon Appetit maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1273570